Monday, November 29, 2010

Untie These Knots



As it nears the end of the semester, stress typically runs high on a college campus. Students are eager to finish for Winter Break, but finishing comes with the dreaded final exams. Back in my day, six months ago, I know that was the case for me. I would get really stressed out with all the pressure that was put upon me and it always seemed that Winter & Summer Break always came with an awful price, FINALS. I would second guess myself and usually worry over nothing!

Over time, I have tried to deal with my stress and anxiety better, sometimes with Yoga, a funny movie, or talking to someone, but most often, I used a little prayer. Below is one of my favorite prayers, it helps me “untie.” When things are getting tough and you have lost all hope in yourself, let the Lord “untie” you, let Him take all of your worries upon His shoulders. He has very large shoulders, don’t worry, He can handle it.

The Knots Prayer

Dear God:

Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots, the can nots and the do nots that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots, may nots, might nots that may find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, Dear God, I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all of the ‘am nots’ that I have allowed to hold me back,
Especially the thought that I am not good enough.

Amen


I am amazed by you every day, Jesi

1 comment:

  1. Jesi-

    I LOVE THIS PRAYER!

    I am printing it out and really going to use this
    :)

    ReplyDelete