Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Guardian Angel

I’ve grown so much closer to both Christ and the church than I’ve ever had and it’s all thanks to what Campus Ministry has brought to me. Coming to college I never would have realized that I’d be involved in the Leadership team. It’s quite an honor and I’m so pleased with everything the CM office has to offer. Just this past Tuesday, on my Grandpa’s 80th birthday, not only was I praying and praising God that he has made it this far in life and is still active and healthy, but just like last year I found time to go to the All Souls Day Mass. My thoughts and prayers went out to each and every one on that long list of names for the people who have gone before us within the last year. To me, and I’m certainly hoping it’s the same for everyone else, those aren’t just names on a list. Those names mean something and are on there for a reason. I remember last year how I asked Anthony if he can include my Mom even though she hadn’t died within the year span. I was so blessed and grateful to him for doing that. Everyone knows it’s difficult to lose a loved one whether a friend, relative, neighbor, co worker, etc you name it and believe me I’ve been there. November 17th would’ve been my Mom’s 49th Birthday. She’s celebrating 12 of those years with the Lord. Throughout the years it’s been extremely hard knowing all the milestones and celebrations she never got and will never get to see starting with my first communion and probably ending with having a family with lots of various in betweens. People really applaud me if doing as well as I am the loss of a parent as a young age. I didn’t expect coming into this world that I would only get to know her for the first 7 years of my life but I couldn’t have asked for a better Mom. As I always say God places each and every one of us is a family with great values and beliefs and the family you’re born into is the family you’ll grow to love, worship, and adore and no one else’s. I owe so much thanks to my grandparents for raising me for the past 12 years after she passed on and continue to do so. Without them I can’t imagine how my life would be like it is now. My family, friends, and my faith have made me the person that I am today to which I'm very thankful for. I Love and miss you Mom always and forever.

-Kelly Medved

“Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God’s love commits me here
Every this day, be at my side,
To light and guard, Rule and guide. Amen.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kelly. I look forward to working with you over the next 2 years. You will continue to grow as a leader and as a disciple.

    ReplyDelete