Monday, November 15, 2010

Baptism


Since I was privileged to witness a baptism this weekend, I've been thinking about the power of being baptized. What has baptism done for me or better...to me? The word that comes to mind is freedom. Because I'm baptized, I ought to be free to live my life for Christ. I ought to recognize the opportunities to stand against the injustices around me and then actually stand against them. I ought to recgonize the opportunities to offer the love of Christ to another and then actually offer something.

Far from being a static moment in my history, baptism ought to be a dynamic, energy-filled reality that rattles my cage everyday.

How can I start living my baptism with more authority? What would that look like?
I'm looking forward to Advent.

AC

No comments:

Post a Comment