Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ministry and His plan

Living in our society many of us have become busy individuals. We plan out our days, months, years with appointments, meetings, classes, work, practices, rehearsals, games, parties, work outs, exams, etc. We want to have control over everything we do, we want to do what we want when we want to. Although deadlines and time constrictions consume our daily lives we need to not let our busy schedules consume us. It is easy to become stressed and overwhelmed and to let it get the best of your personality.

When I was a freshman and sophomore in high school I didn't make my spiritual life part of my daily life. Since I have made time for reflection and prayer I find myself living my life to the fullest and living as a minister of God's Word. It took time for me to realize that spiritual life shouldn't be separate from my busy schedule it should be a part of it. I constantly remind myself that I have been given great opportunities and that I can handle anything that comes my way. He has faith in what we can do and has a plan for us. We just need to take the time to listen and believe in ourselves and what we are able to do with His help and guidance.

Peace and love,
Abby

Excerpt from Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again Reevaluate who I really am Am I doing everything to follow Your will Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills So show me what it is You want from me I give everything I surrender... To Whatever You're doing inside of me It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace It's hard to surrender to what I can't see but I'm giving in to something Heavenly





3 comments:

  1. Finding God in the daily business of life - that's awesome, Abby! I think we all need to slow down the pace and not get caught up in what is perceived as necessary, but even when we simplify, God can fall off the radar.

    I love the "Prayer of Surrender" from Brother Charles of Jesus. Trying to give our lives over to God is a daily commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Abby with what you said. I know myself and others get really caught up in their busy lives and we forget to focus on our faith. I am getting better at focusing on my faith and taking more time to pray and reflect on my day. Thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Abby! I couldn't agree more and you're exactly right! :) I feel the same way lots of times.

    ReplyDelete